Manual Lymph Drainage
Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) is an advanced yet gentle form of manipulation on skin that aims to stimulate the lymphatic system – by gently increasing rhythmic contractions of the lymph vessels, removing lymph blockage, promoting proper lymph flow, reducing fluid retention and helping your body return to a healthy condition.
Reduce Trauma and Feel Relief
MLD effectively reduces traumatic and post-surgical edema and can provide symptomatic relief of migraine headaches, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD), stress, fatigue, and more. MLD also induces general relaxation and detoxification.
MLD is indicated for:
- Full body detoxification for general health
- Post-surgical edema
- Post-traumatic edema
- Palliative care: Provision of comfort and pain relief when other physical therapies are no longer appropriate
- Intracranial pressure reduction
- Lymphedema & Lipedema
- Chronic venous insufficiency
MLD is contraindicated for:
- Decompensated cardiac insufficiency
- Cardiac edema
- Congestive heart failure
- Acute inflammation caused by pathogenic germs (bacteria, fungi, viruses). The germs could be spread by the manual lymph drainage, with resulting blood poisoning (sepsis).
- Acute renal failure
- Malignant lymphedema caused by active cancer
We want to be a part of your healing progress and would like to discuss a suitable treatment plan for you. Put your body in good hands here at Body Kinetics Wellness Center.